Thursday 31 May 2012

positively eye-popping!

Having driven frequently, during the past couple of weeks, past an utterly amazing sight…..

_MG_8797

(a field of blue [cornflowers] and red [poppies] which stretched almost as far as the eye could see)…..

_MG_8811

I was finally inspired on my way home yesterday, to park my car at the roadside, grab my camera and click away furiously for the next (at least!) twenty minutes. Cornflowers…..

_MG_8778

in glorious combination with poppies.

_MG_8787 

I must already have had the sight bouncing about in my subconscious, because part-way through our (third!) butterfly extravaganza that morning, I had decided that we should maybe continue our wet/dry investigation by putting some fat blobs of drippy wet paint (in one of our three primary colours) onto some (not-quite-so-expensive-but nevertheless-it’s-good-quality) dry paper…..

_MG_8640

before holding it up (but very decidedly over a piece of paper towel to catch the drips)…..

_MG_8645

and watching to see what happens.

_MG_8647

See how the paint dribbles down to the bottom of the page?  Like stems of delicate, leggy meadow flowers.

I am thinking poppies maybe; or cornflowersSunflowers  even!

Poppies (or cornflowers or even sunflowers) that would look just fabulous on a back- (and partly fore-) ground of speckles…..

_MG_8649

(remember how to do that; with a deft, careful…..

_MG_8650  _MG_8653  _MG_8651

flick of the paintbrush).

And now, with some chalk pastels (yet another different medium to try out)…..

_MG_8690

let’s add centres to our flowers…..

_MG_8689

petals too if you’d like. 

Finally, I offer you a field of poppies…..

IMG_8694  IMG_8695  IMG_8699

and some sunflowers; summer clearly already being here…..

IMG_8698  IMG_8693  IMG_8703

(and even more sunny sunflowers…..

IMG_8697  IMG_8700

plus a few poppies to finish up with).

IMG_8701  IMG_8702

Ah yes; now I know why I stopped the car!

cross pollination

Positively eye-popping!

(PS A bit of cross-pollination going on here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment